- Price on request
1699HA FAME FARM (BUFFALO BREEDING) WITH 50KM CROCODILE RIVER FRONTAGE
RE of Farm Eden 74 KQ
Primary Use: This game farm is specially designed for Buffalo breeding.
The land comprises an irregular shaped farm that is being bisected by the Crocodile River into a small eastern portion (with approximately 5km river frontage) and a bigger western portion. The land is fairly flat. It has a gentle slope of approximately 13 meters from the western boundary towards the Crocodile River, which is conducive for proper game and cattle farming. The entire farm has been mechanically debushed.
The gravel road splits the land further into a western component of approximately 1245 hectares while the balance of 454 hectares is situated east of the gravel road. The perimeter of the farm is fenced with a 2.4m high game fence, which is well maintained and fully functional. A well maintained perimeter road along the farm boundaries provides good aces to the entire farm (except for a small section across the Crocodile River).
A large game camp of approximately 345 hectares is situated almost in the middle of the western section. This camp is fenced on the perimeter with a 2.4 meter high electrified game fence (±16 strands), which is also predator proofed. The camp is divided into 10 smaller camps. Each camp has access to clean and fresh water (cement crips) and access is mainly available through large remote controlled (solar operated) steel sliding gates.
The eastern section is divided into smaller camps of approximately 30 hectares each.
- Crocodile River: Ample water is available for commercial farming purposes as the Crocodile River runs through the eastern side of the farm. There are two well-constructed concrete dam walls in the Crocodile River, which is unique in this particular area. There are also irrigation rights to irrigate 50 hectares.
- Boreholes: Water is extracted from 2 boreholes by means of submersible pumps.
- Pit: Approximately 45,000 liters per hour can be extracted from the pit, which is located between the gravel road and the Crocodile River.
- Multiple earth dams and water pans.
4 x Eskom electricity points are available. 1 Point is located close to the homestead while the balance is located east of the gravel road, closer to the River.
Most improvements are located on a homestead of approximately 2 hectares. These improvements are summarised as follows:
- Main dwelling – (±440m²): this is a spacious plastered and painted brick building that is covered with a thatch roof. Floors are tiled and carpeted and internal fittings and finishes are above average for the area. The building is constructed in an irregular shape and offers the following accommodation: entrance hall, lounge, kitchen, pantry with fridge, scullery, dining room, guest toilet, bedroom with en-suite bathroom, basin / shower, separate toilet, bedroom, main bedroom with large dressing room and modern en-suite bathroom, family room, TV room, office. There is a swimming pool next to the main dwelling.
- Lapa – (±50 m²): tiled floor.
- Lodge 1 – (55m²): this is a plastered and painted brick building under a thatch roof. It offers an open plan living room and a bathroom.
- Lodge 2 – (237m²): This is a rectangular shaped plastered and painted brick building that is covered with a thatch roof. It comprises a games room / bar area, kitchen, 3 bedrooms, and bathroom. Attached to this building is a slaughter room.
- Store room – (6m²): This is a small painted brick structure that is covered with a flat corrugated iron roof.
- Carport – (52m²): This is a timber structure that is covered with a thatch roof. The floor is paved.
- Garage – (84m²): This is a plastered and painted brick building that is covered with a pitched corrugated iron roof. The building offers 4 garages.
- Workshop – (36m²): This brick building is covered with a flat IBR roof. Access is through a single roll-up garage door.
- Generator room – (8m²): This is a painted brick building that is covered with a flat corrugated iron roof.
- Implement store – (Shed: 170m², lean-to: 80 m²): This is a steel structure that is covered with a pitched IBR roof. It is fitted with a concrete floor as well as electricity.
- Slaughter room – (30 m²): The brick building is covered with a flat corrugated iron roof.
- Fodder store – (724 m²): This building comprises 2 adjoining steel structures that are covered with pitched IBR roofs. The one building has brick walls while the other (newer) building has IBR side cladding. Both buildings have concrete floors. Electricity is available.
- Staff accommodation – (37 m²): This is a plastered and painted brick building that is covered with a flat corrugated iron roof. It offers two rooms.
- Staff ablution – (22m²): This plastered and painted brick building is covered with a flat IBR roof and is situated next to the staff accommodation.
- Manager’s house – (house: 106 m²; balcony: 31 m²): This is a double storey plastered and painted brick building that is covered with a pitched corrugated iron roof. Attached to this building is a balcony that overlooks an earth dam. There is also a steel carport.
- Other improvements:
- Well-designed Buffalo Boma with 7 rooms, a central holding area and 2 loading ramps. This structure is properly designed and building of steel and gum pole material.
- An airstrip of approximately 1,000 meters at -24.29867, 27.01424 (taken at the center of the airstrip).
- Irrigation dam of ±1 hectare.
- Tank stand with 2 x JoJo water reservoirs at the homestead.
Contact Mario Cannata: 083 987 1262